The memory clock speed of the industrial DDR2 SDRAM was reduced by half compared to the DDR1 generation for a given bus speed. This change resulted in higher bus speed for an equivalent memory clock rate at the cost of increased latency. The operating voltage was reduced from 2.5 Volts to 1.8 volts to reduce power consumption.
DDR2 DIMM modules are available in a variety of form factors including 240 pin full-sized DIMM, 200 pin So-DIMM, 240 pin Very Low Profile (VLP) DIMM, 244 pin Mini-DIMMs, and 240 pin FB-DIMMs. These form factors are not interchangeable with DDR or DDR3 form factors.
- Capacities supported from 512MB to 8GB
- Chipkill support
- Single, dual and quad rank options
- Capacities supported from 1GB to 8GB
- Chipkill support
- Low power and low voltage options
- Apple FB-DIMM
ATP is committed to providing customers with the highest reliability products and offers custom screening services to help them meet specialized or unique application requirements.
Enterprise Grade DRAM Module
ATP also develops an Enterprise Grade DRAM Module product line, raising the quality standard for DRAM memory modules in mission critical applications. This higher quality level is a result of an elevated temperature burn-in process which screens for fringe SMT related assembly issues and IC infant mortality.
- Serverboard/Chipset validation lists available upon request
- Offering industry leading product quality for use in mission critical applications
- 100% tested under elevated temperature to reduce field failures due to fringe manufacturing defects and IC infant mortality
- Patent Pending Thermal Chamber Design allows for:
- Flexibility in thermal testing profile (up to 85°C)
- Flexibility in data-pattern testing profile (Customer specific software/scripts)
- Supply chain traceability to testing profiles
- Designed for production level efficiency and scalability