With a form factor similar to CompactFlash card and a faster, more advanced SATA interface, the ATP Industrial Grade CFast is the ideal replacement of CompactFlash. The ATP Industrial Grade CFast is fully compliant with CFA's CFast specification version 1.1 with a SATA 3Gb/s interface. The CFast contains a 24-pin connector consisting of a SATA-compatible 7-pin signal connector and a 17-pin power and control connector. Comparing to older CompactFlash with ATA/IDE interface, The ATP CFast features high-speed data transfer rate of up to 142MB/s read speed and 112MB/s write speed.
By utilizing SLC NAND flash memory and Global Wear Leveling technology, the ATP Industrial Grade CFast has higher endurance and longer product life spans. It also implements ECC (Error Correction Code) and StaticDataRefresh technology, which correct and monitor the error bit levels to ensure data integrity.
The ATP CFast with PowerProtector guarantees reliable controller and lasting NAND flash operations with a backup power circuit during a power failure. Unlike SuperCap, the most common power failure backup solution on the market, PowerProtector offers a standalone hardware design that does not require specific controllers or customized firmware.
The ATP PowerProtector’s leaner requirements for board footprint also allows for support in smaller form factors such as CFast. The solid state capacitor found in PowerProtector is a critical component that allows it to surpass the natural limitations of SuperCap designs, which are sensitive to temperature change and have a tendency of losing capacitance and functionality at extreme temperatures, especially in industrial environments.
The new CFast specification, a combination of CF and ATA serial Transport (AST), will enable new applications in embedded and industrial markets. These markets include military/aerospace, automation, marine navigation, embedded system, telecommunication equipment/ networking and medical equipment where mission-critical data requires the highest level of reliability, durability, and data integrity.
- Single-Level Cell (SLC) NAND Flash
- Host Interface:
- Compliance with CFast v1.1
- SATA 3.0Gb/s interface
- 24-pin connector: 7-pin signal connector and 17-pin power and control connector
- High performance:
- Sequential read up to 142MB/s
- Sequential write up to 112MB/s
- Capacity: 2GB to 32GB
- Industrial grade operating temp.: -40oC to 85oC
- Enhanced endurance by Global Wear Leveling algorithm and bad block management
- BCH-ECC engine can correct up to 40 bit errors per 1,024 Bytes data
- TBW (Total Bytes Written): up to 640 Terabyte random write (32GB CFast card)
- StaticDataRefresh technology to ensure data integrity in read operations.
- PowerProtector, built-in hardware power-down data protection.
- S.M.A.R.T. function support for life time monitor
ATP SMART Life Monitor
ATP SMART Life Monitor (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) application monitors various parameters of ATP Industrial Grade CF's endurance and reliability—Remaining Life, Raw Read Error Rate, Erase Count and more—reminding you if any of them is out of the normal range. These information helps predict drive failure while there is still time to take preventive action, such as copying the data to a replacement device.